Sustainable Lexington Youth (SustainabLY) is a subcommittee of the Sustainable Lexington Committee (SLC).
The intention of this subcommittee is for Lexington’s youth to have a voice in the Town’s efforts to address climate change, resilience, and adaptation. As teens have the largest stake in the outcome of these efforts, it is fitting that they have a direct line of communication to express concerns, share ideas, and develop their own recommendations to the SLC and subsequently to the Select Board and Town Meeting.
- Assist the Town in educating youth about climate change, including ways that they can take action, and encourage their families to do so as well.
- Work with the schools to advocate for climate change and sustainability education and activities to be incorporated into the curriculum
- Identify Town projects that students can assist with
- Make recommendations to SLC in a non-binding and non-voting capacity
- Other items as determined with the committee and student representatives
- Atreyi Basu (SLC Liaison), LHS Senior
- Tanay Dalmia (SLC Liaison), LHS Senior
- Rohan Reddy, LHS Senior
- Kyle Taylor, LHS Senior
- Swapnil Gandhi, LHS Senior
- Yuyang Liao, LHS Junior
- Shreya Kesarwani, LHS Junior
- Anvi Rathi, LHS Sophomore
- Nidhi Inamdar, LHS Sophomore