Route Maps & Schedules
NOTE: Catch the A2 outbound in front of the Crafty Yankee/Kandi Nails, it does not pull into Depot Square.
Buses run Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 7:30 pm, with the last departure from Depot Square at 6:30 pm.
No service on weekends or most Town holidays.
Routes A1, B, and C leave Depot Square at 30 minutes after the hour (7:30, 8:30, etc). Route A is broken into 2 portions on the schedule. The same bus does A1 and A2, in that order. Route A1 returns to Town Center and continues on as Route A2. Route A2 passes opposite the Depot on the hour (8:00, 9:00, etc). The bus does not stop in Depot Square between routes A1 and A2.
We recommend getting to your stop 5 minutes early. We do our best to remain on schedule, but traffic, road work, weather, and other circumstances beyond our control may impact timing. Check out the "Where's the bus?" section for more information!
Where's the bus?
Track the bus, get updates about service changes, and more! Use the Ride Systems app on your iPhone or Android, or check the Lexpress Tracker.
Trip Planning Assistance
Just need quick directions? Google Transit can be used to look up travel directions for public transit, biking, and walking. Enter your start and end destinations and click "Get Directions". A page will appear with a custom route map, directions, and departure and arrival times. You can also use the Google Maps app on your smartphone.
Need help understanding your options? Call 781-861-1210 or email Transportation Services for assistance. We're happy to help!
Where to Board Lexpress
You can board anywhere along the route by waving to the driver, with a few exceptions:
- Town Center: board at the Depot Square bus lane, at Grant Street, or any MBTA stop.
- Arlington Heights and Burlington Mall Road: board at any MBTA stop
- Burlington Mall: board at Lexpress stop currently next to Pepe's Pizza
- Buses cannot stop on Middlesex turnpike. Drivers may be able to pull into the lots along Middlesex Turnpike (Barnes and Noble, Real School of Music, etc) - just ask!
Physically unable to get to the bus? Call 781-861-1210 for more information about options.
How to Ride
All buses are equipped with a wheelchair lift and room for two wheelchairs
- Stand in a safe place on the side of the road along the Lexpress route
- Wave to the driver as they approach
- The driver will stop for you!
- If you are riding with a bike, put your bike on the bike rack.
- Show your pass, deposit a ticket, or pay exact cash fare. Drivers cannot make a change. Seniors and disabled people ride for free from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- To request a stop, pull the cord near the window.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before standing up or exiting the bus. Don't forget your bike!
- If you need to cross the street, wait until the bus has passed you
Transfers are free with a paid fare or pre-paid ticket. Ask the driver for a transfer when you board. Transfers are valid only on continued trips, and cannot be used to re-board the same route.
Transfers are valid only:
- In Lexington Center
- On the date received
- To continue a one-way trip on a different route
If you are planning to transfer to another Lexpress bus and you will miss the connection due to a late bus, the driver may be able to ask your connecting bus to wait for you, just ask. Buses can wait up to, but no longer than, 5 minutes and it depends on traffic, weather, and other circumstances.
When exiting, please remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop. If you need to cross the street, cross behind the bus after it pulls away. Please cross the street with care, and always cross at a crosswalk or traffic light if available. Cars are not required to stop when a Lexpress or MBTA bus lets riders off.
GTFS (Schedule Data)
GTFS, or the General Transit Feed Specification, is the standard format used by many transit agencies to release schedule and trip planning information. Download our GTFS files.