Design & Construction Projects
Town Buildings & Schools
The Department of Public Facilities manages design and construction of Lexington's town-owned buildings and schools.
While every effort is made to keep this website updated, changes occur daily and we will do our best to keep up with changing conditions.
Police Station Construction
At the 2018 Annual Town Meeting, members voted to appropriate funds for design, engineering, and architectural services for the reconstruction and expansion of the Police Station.
- At Special Town Meeting 2021-1, Town Meeting voted to provide funding for police station architectural design and swing space construction.
- The building at 173 Bedford Street will be modified so that the Police Department can use that building while the police station construction is occurring.
- Find out more about the Police Station Project.
Maria Hastings Elementary School
- Students returned to their new school after the February 2020 vacation! (PDF)
- The new building construction is adjacent to the existing Hastings School.
- The school accommodates 645 students.
- Find out more about the Maria Hastings Elementary School Construction Project.
Lexington Children's Place (LCP)
- The new LCP is located at 20 Pelham Road.
- The LCP opened on time for the 2019 school year.
- Find out more about the Lexington Children's Place Project.
- The new Fire Headquarters is at 45 Bedford Street.
- Temporary Fire and Rescue Headquarters was located at 173 Bedford Street.
- The building opened in Spring 2020.
- Find out more about the New Fire and Rescue HQ Construction Project.
- The new Visitors Center is at 1875 Massachusetts Avenue.
- The temporary Visitors Center was located at Cary Memorial Building, 1605 Massachusetts Avenue.
- The new Visitors Center opened to the public on July 13, 2020.
- Find out more about the New Visitor Center Construction Project.