Engineering Permit Information & Requirements

All Permitting is now online! Find out more about OpenGov/ViewPoint Cloud.

All permits require Certificate of Insurance and in most cases a Street Opening Bond. These documents are uploaded as part of the permit process on VPC. Applicants are prompted during application process to upload any required documents and cannot submit applications without them. Expired or incomplete permit applications are not accepted or approved by the Town and applicants are notified in this case to update their information.

Permits can be paid for via VPC, the online portal or by check or cash delivered to 201 Bedford Street after the permit application has been approved. During the application process engineering fees are displayed as estimates. Winter moratorium is from November 15th to the day after Patriot's Day and the Driveway and Right-of-Way Excavation Permits are disabled during this time as now work is allowed in the public right-of-way.

Note: to apply for most permits issued through Engineering, applicants must be on the approved paver or drainlayer list as required. Certain types of contractors, such as those working for utility companies, are in our database as well and are allowed to dig in the right-of-way. If you have questions about a contractor working in Town or you want to be added to our database, please contact engineering.

Specifications & Requirements