- Engineering Construction Projects
Engineering Construction Projects
While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically and website updates cannot keep up with moment-to-moment conditions. This applies to detours, which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects Under Construction
Non-Town of Lexington Projects
National Grid is working in the center on Bedford Street at Hancock Street.
Important updates regarding Lowell Street water work: (please see dedicated webpage for more details)
Crews from GVC are working on Lowell Street between East Street and Woburn Street and Lowell Street will be partially closed the week of June 5th with one way traffic. Southbound traffic will be detoured down Laconia Street. See map (pdf) Lowell Street will completely closed weekdays from June 7th through week of June 12th from East Street to Fulton Road and vehicles will be detoured via East Street to Douglas Road to Fulton Road. See map (pdf) Typical work hours are from 7am - 5pm Monday through Friday. MWRA will be working on Lowell Street at the intersection of Summer Street. The work will eventually move into Lowell Street at Summer Street and an alternating one way traffic pattern will be set up on Lowell Street at Summer Street.
See the bottom of the page for other important Non-Town related construction information, including road closures related to those projects.
Town of Lexington Projects
Center Streetscape Project was completed in November, 2022. Punchlist and extra work will be done in Spring of 2023. Please visit the Center Streetscape Project webpage for details and schedule when available.
Battle Green Streetscape Project begins April 2023. Construction Updates will be posted on the dedicated project webpage! Battle Green Streetscape webpage.
- 2023 Paving Program (Updated June 1, 2023): Schedules will be posted here when available. The Town uses several methods to surface or resurface the roads. Descriptions of these treatments can be found on this document. Please see the 2023 Paving Map which is color coded to show the particular type of treatment on each road on this years' list. Any questions or concerns should be directed to the Paving Hotline: 781 274-8905 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surfacing Contract Update: Asphalt patching and crack sealing will begin the week of 6/5 on various streets. There will be no road closures associated with this work, however alternating traffic and minor delays may be necessary. Other low impact prep-work will be taking place throughout the month of June. Microsurfacing treatments which will cause short term road closures are anticipated for the middle of July. Fog Sealing is anticipated for August. Schedule will be updated here as more information becomes available. Please contact us with any questions.
- Traditional Paving Contract Update: Preliminary work has begun. Drainage work in advance of paving operations is underway.
- List of Streets in 2023 Paving Program (pdf)
- 2023 Paving Map (pdf)
- Valleyfield, Grassland, and Waltham Streets Drainage Improvements Project (Updated March 3, 2023) The project includes storm drain improvements, culvert replacement, and related work on Valleyfield Street, Grassland Street, and Waltham Street near Brookside Avenue. Also included in this project is the traffic lights upgrade on Waltham Street at Brookside Avenue. Any questions can be directed to the email of Marissa Liggiero.
- Oxbow Road and Constitution Road Drainage Improvements Phase 1 (Updated December 20, 2022) Kiln Brook Culvert Daylighting Project includes drainage improvements in front of 27/29 Constitution road and includes daylight an existing outfall, installing a culvert, roadway infrastructure improvements and wetland improvements. Phase I is now complete and being monitored. Phase II is expected to take place in 2023. This phase will include increasing drainage pipe sizes on Oxbow Rd, and installing a new section of drain line and drainage structures on Oxbow and Constitution Rd. Minor traffic implications are expected during construction. Plans and more project information will be available soon. Please email Matt Weisman or email Ross Morrow if you have questions in the meantime.
- Sewer System Improvements (Updated May 5, 2023) This project, over many phases, includes sewer repairs and rehabilitations for both structural and infiltration related defects. Infiltration is clean water from below the ground (groundwater) that enters the sewer system through defective pipes and structures. This “clean” water takes up valuable space and capacity in the sewer pipes that would normally be available for wastewater. It can cause the pipe and service conditions to back-up and potentially overflow during extreme wet weather conditions, and it costs the Town’s sewer rate payers money to send this “clean” water to the MWRA system. In order to correct many of these issues, repairs and rehabilitations are being made as part of this project. We will update the website once scheduling has been set for this construction season. Any questions or issues can be directed to Marissa Liggiero at email@example.com.
- Phase 8
- Phase 14
- Work is complete for now. Manhole inpsection at the schools will take place after the school year ends.
- Phase 8
- Hayden Ave Pump Station Upgrades (Updated March 3, 2023) Hayden station includes a replacement of the existing below grade suction-lift style station with a new submersible type station. It also includes a new power service. The station includes new pumps/motors, controls, valve vault, new permanent standby power generator, piping and landscaping. This project has wetlands/groundwater and slope challenges. The contractor, DeFelice, plans to start construction on March 20, 2023. Please use caution when driving past the job site. Any questions or issues can be directed to Marissa Liggiero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Projects by Other Entities Affecting Lexington
- MWRA/Town of Burlington Water main projects began April 2022 along Lowell St from the North Ave to Summer Street. These are two different contracts. This work is expected to take place over two construction seasons. Find out details of these projects.
- National Grid has several main relay projects in Town including work at the Battle Green. National Grid is working in the center on Bedford Street at Hancock Street. If necessary, the road will be partially closed with a one way closure. Eastbound traffic may be detoured down Harrington Rd to Mass Ave. This work is not managed by the Town of Lexington and road closures are are set in the field and coordinated with the Lexington Police Department in the interest of safety. When information is available, we will post here and tweet.