2021 Year in Review
We are pleased to present the 3rd annual report to our Community Partners reflecting on the Community Center achievements, initiatives and plans for the coming year. For the 2021 recap, we have created a video presentation and invite stakeholders to reach out with any suggestions, feedback and initiatives as we continue to engage residents of all ages and abilities through health and wellness opportunities.
View the Community Center Photo Gallery
Drop-in Spaces Available
- Cardio Fitness Room
- Weight Room
- Ping Pong
- Mansion Lounge
- Mansion Library
- Game Room
The Fix-It Shop is open. Please call to make an appointment: 781-698-4866 or 781-698-4840.
The Window Pane shop is closed until further notice.
Meeting Room Space
If you would like to reserve an indoor or outdoor space at the Community Center to hold a meeting or event please submit your request on our MyRec website. For more information about rooms and rates, please visit our Building Information page.
The Lexington Board of Health has lifted the town-wide mask mandate, effective March 9, 2022. The Town no longer requires mask wearing in indoor public spaces, in schools and in school busses. See the full Board of Health Statement (PDF). While the indoor mask mandate has been lifted, it is important to keep in mind that not everyone is ready to stop wearing a mask when indoors. The Board of Health called for everyone to be kind and considerate of the personal choices of others. We want our programs to continue to provide a positive, inclusive experience for all.
The State mask requirements are still in effect. This includes requiring mask wearing in most transportation and healthcare settings, and other requirements. See the State mask requirements on the State's website.
Our Spaces Are Safe for Your Return
Please visit the Community Center Ventilation Report (PDF) for more information.
While We Were Closed During the Pandemic
- Check out our Welcome Back Video on Youtube.
- View the Community Center 2020 Report (PDF).
- Register Online for Programs on the Community Center's website.
Your Community Center - Current & Future
- A multigenerational, multicultural, and inclusive space
- Technology-enabled large and small meeting spaces for community use
- Senior Services programs for a healthy, active retirement
- Classes, programs, and activities for people of all ages and abilities
- Specialized youth and family programs
- Opportunities for community-initiated programs
- Fitness, wellness and cardio rooms for health and wellbeing
- Games, billiards, and table tennis rooms
- Support services for families, seniors, youth and veterans
- Elmer Bull Fix-It Shop, Windowpane Shop, craft rooms, and classroom spaces for teaching and learning
- Public Wi-Fi, refreshment lounge, and plenty of sunlit spaces for reading and thinking
- Accessible via Lexpress and the MBTA
- Centralized location for community connections, information, transportation services and making the most out of life in Lexington
The Lexington Community Center is a division of the Recreation and Community Programs Department.