To apply for a permit, use our OpenGov/ViewPoint Cloud Online Permitting System.
To request a:
- Building Inspection
- Mechanical Inspection
- Sheet Metal Inspection
Please call 781-698-4510 and leave a message. Your inspection will be scheduled for the following day.
INSPECTORS OFFICE HOURS — PLEASE CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Assistant Building Commissioner — Bruce Dempsey
Building Inspector — Tom Kennedy
Plumbing / Gas Inspector — James Kennedy
Electrical Inspector — Alix Berube
Sealer of Weights & Measures — Moe Lefebvre
- We are now accepting permits through our OpenGov/ViewPoint Cloud System.
- Contact Us Form - Please do not use this contact form to request inspections.
- Enforces state building, electrical, plumbing, gas, and mechanical codes, as well as local zoning by-laws and Architectural Access Board Regulations
- Issues permits
- Inspects construction sites
- Conduct periodic safety inspections of multi-family dwellings, restaurants, schools, religious institutions, museums, and other places of assembly
- Levies fines or prosecutes when necessary to obtain code compliance
- Weights & Measures