Are you planning to have food at your meeting or event?
It is important that during the planning process for an event, the Health Department must be contacted to determine what if any, permit is required. Please complete the pre-requisite form BEFORE submitting a temporary food permit application.
Should it be determined by the Health Department that an application for a temporary food permit is required, it must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the temporary event. Establishments that already have a food permit with the Lexington Health Department still need to submit an application.
- At a minimum, the applicant must provide:
- What food(s) will be served at the event
- ServSafe certification
- Allergy Awareness
Establishments from other municipalities must also provide:
- Proof of a valid food permit
- The most recent food code inspection report from the municipality in which they are based
- The issued permit posted in a conspicuous area
- Please note:
- If the establishment already has a catering license with the Lexington Health Department, they will not need to submit an application. Please contact the Community Center for a list of licensed Lexington Caterers.
- Potlucks will not be allowed.
- Any food truck or ice cream truck participating in temporary events must complete the temporary food truck/ice cream truck application.
The above are guidelines and do not replace 105 CMR 590 and the FDA Food Code 2013.
Please contact the Health Department at 781-698-4533 if you have any questions.