Studies & Reports:
Preliminary Evaluation of Source Separated Organics (CDM) Report
Shade Street Pavement Marking and Signing Plan
Digsafe (Utility Markouts):
National Grid (Gas Company):
Verizon (Phone Services):
(Phone, Cable & Internet):
Comcast (Phone, Cable, & Internet):
Massachusetts Highway Department (State Roads):
2014 Engineering Construction Projects
Major current projects:
Map of 2014 Paving Work
Map of 2014 Capital Improvements Projects
*While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically
and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects by other entities affecting Lexington
Town of Lexington projects
- Minuteman Bikeway Bridge Repair at Tophet Swamp (posted 11/26/14) Crews will be restoring a piece of the Minuteman Bikeway between Hartwell Ave and Bedford Street on December 1st and 2nd. Work will take place where the bikepath crosses the Tophet Swamp. There is damage to the pavement due to root infiltration. The bikepath will be closed. There will be no detours. Please remain off this section of the bikepath untill the work is complete. See map.
- Culvert Replacement under the Minuteman Bikeway near the Munroe Cemetery (posted 11/4/14) Work on the MMBW will begin on 11/24/14. Crews with Pecora Contracting will be excavating in the bikeway to remove and replace the collapsed culvert. The bikeway will be closed 24/7 from Seasons Four to Woburn Street and a detour will be set up. Work is anticipated to continue through to 12/18/14. See map.
- Mass Ave Water Main Evaluation (posted 9/24/14) The Town has contracted with Dewberry Engineers/Corrtech to evaluate and preform studies on the water main in Mass Ave between Woburn Street and the Arlington Town Line. The work will proceed in 2 phases - the first of which will begin on September 9/22/14. The may be an interruption of service during the week of October22nd. Affected residents will be notified.
- Roadway Reconstruction Program (posted 8/15/14) Paving operations continue throughout town. Paving is complete on Bedford Street! Crews will be working on finish work including driveway aprons and cross street entrances. Please follow us on twitter! (see link at bottom of page) Any questions or concerns related to the paving program may be emailed to email@example.com. If you prefer, a message may be left on our street paving information line: (781) 274-8905
- Shade Street Traffic Calming (posted 9/23/14) Crews will be on Shade St installing speed humps on Wednesday, 9/24, Saturday, 9/27 and Saturday, 10/4. There may be closures and delays. Seek alternate route if possible.
- Robinson Road Project (posted 10/3/14) Crews from McIver Brothers are working on Robinson Road. Please contact Dave Cannon with any questions.
Hartwell Ave at Maguire Road Modifications (posted 8/25/14) The Town is in the process of conducting preliminary designs for modifications to Hartwell Ave corridor.
Phase 1 of the Hartwell Ave area improvements includes the rehabilitation or replacement of the bridge over the Kiln Brook, improvements to the Maguire Road intersection which is currently proposed to be a roundabout, and potentially a protected pedestrian crossing at the intersection with Bedford Street. The design is currently in progress with Stantec under contract to bring the project through the 25% design stage.
View a slide show (pdf or PowerPoint) showing an overview of the project and the current considerations.
- Concord Ave Sidewalk Study -(posted 7-8-13) The Town of Lexington Engineering Division is studying the possibility of installing a sidewalk along Concord Avenue from Waltham Street to Spring Street. Concord Avenue is a town roadway with a portion in the state right of way. The corridor has been surveyed and evaluated. Design is underway; current plans are available for viewing at Samuel Hadley Public service building, 201 Bedford Street. See below for link to a preliminary design plan. Please contact Dave Cannon in Engineering for more information.
- Mass Ave 3 Intersection Project - (updated 1/6/14)
The Town of Lexington seeks to improve pedestrian, bicycle and vehicular traffic safety as well as improve traffic operations along a section of Massachusetts Avenue in Lexington. The project area is approximately 3,500 feet long and extends from Pleasant Street to Marrett Road. February 2013 Presentation (4.37MB). Several workshops were held in 2012 and 2013 and based on feedback from these workshops preliminary designs have been developed and submitted to MassDot for review.
The current recommendation calls for:
Construction is currently programmed for 2018. For more information please contact: Dave Cannon, Lexington DPW/Engineering, (781)-274-8323, firstname.lastname@example.org