under Design /
Center Streetscape &
East Mass Ave Roadway Improvements Project
Studies & Reports:
Preliminary Evaluation of
Shade Street Pavement
Marking and Signing Plan
Digsafe (Utility Markouts):
National Grid (Gas Company):
Verizon (Phone Services):
(Phone, Cable & Internet):
Comcast (Phone, Cable, & Internet):
Massachusetts Highway Department (State Roads):
2015 Engineering Construction Projects
*While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically
and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
**SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT NATIONAL GRID WORK ON WOBURN STREET AND FOLLEN ROAD
Projects Under Construction
- Concord Ave Sidewalk-(posted 10/15/15) Crews have begun clearing and grubbing in preparation of the excavating the base for the new sidewalk. The plans include installation of a sidewalk along Concord Avenue from Waltham Street to Spring Street. This project involves construction of a 5 foot wide sidewalk, granite curb, field stone retaining walls and drainage improvements. The culvert carrying Hardy’s Pond Brook will be replaced and the traffic signal at Waltham Street and Concord ave will be upgraded. Current plans are available for viewing at Samuel Hadley Public service building, 201 Bedford Street. Please contact Dave Cannon in Engineering for more information.
- Minuteman Bikeway Paving Project (updated 10/5/15) Crews have completed the final paving. Finish work still needs to be completed. Once it is scheduled, details will be uploaded here.
- Street Resurfacing 2015 (updated 10/15/15)
Driveway aprons and other punchlist items for streets on this year's paving list will be done in the next two weeks.
- Water Distribution Improvements Contract #15-57 (updated 6/25/15) The town of Lexington will be upgrading and replacing water main in various location throughout Town. (see map below) Work has started in the Wachusett Rd area.
- Sewer Inflow and Infiltration Investigations (posted 6/9/15) Crews from NEPPCO are conducting I/I field studies throughout town. The work entails too large trucks that work out of manholes. There will be no excavation as part of this work.
- Willard Woods Stream Daylighting Project (posted 8/28/15) Work has begun! Crews from SumCo have begun to clear and stage equipment. The proposed work includes removing the existing underground stone box culvert between the Willard’s Pond outlet and the 30-inch RCP culvert inlet at North Street and constructing a natural open channel stream.
- Vinebrook Stabilization Project (posted 7/31/15) The project involves restoration of approximately 80 linear feet of failed embankment along Vine Brook in the Lower Vine Brook Conservation Area, off of East Emerson Rd.
- Microsurfacing bid (posted 9/21/15) Paving is complete! Crews will be out there working on driveway aprons and other punchlist items in the next few weeks.
- Revere Street Culvert (posted 11/24/15) Crews are still working on the culvert in Revere St. While the work continues, the road remains closed. This phase is anticipated to wrap up in the next few weeks and the road will open prior to the next phase beginning on December 7th. From December 7th to December 31st the Minuteman Bikeway will be closed 24/7 from Camellia Place to Bedford Street. Please see detour map. The work for this project consists of replacing two culverts along North Lexington Brook at two separate locations: just east of #19 and #20 Revere Street and along the Minuteman Commuter Bikeway to the north of Camellia Place.
- Paul Revere Drainage Improvements (posted 11/20/15) Paul Revere Rd will be closed from Cedar St. to Asbury St. starting on Monday, November 23rd through to December 4th from 7am to 4pm non-holiday weekdays. Detours will be posted. The scope of this project includes the layout of approximately 650 linear feet of drainage pipe in Paul Revere Road from Powers Court to Cedar Street as well as installation of catch basins and berm to improve flow of surface storm water.
- Main Wastewater Pumping Station Improvements Project (posted 9/21/15) The work includes installation of three 150 horsepower, premium efficiency motors and variable frequency drives (VFDs) for the three existing wastewater non-clog centrifugal pumps as well as other upgrades.
- Phase 5 Sewer System Improvements Project (posted 10/7/15) This project involves rehabilitation of existing gravity sewer. Work includes but not limited to replacement of sewer line, video services and inspection of existing conditions, lining, cleaning, testing and sealing. The project is being administered by Weston & Sampson Engineers.
Projects by other entities affecting Lexington
- Mass DOT Route 2/I-95 Bridge Replacement project. For information about lane closures please visit the Mass DOT project website.
- Mass DOT Repairs to the Watertown Street Bridge over Route 2 Construction will take place from 9/9 through 9/13. There will be revolving lane closures on Rt 2 during day and night hours. Please see Mass DOT project website for further details.
- The Town of Bedford slip-lining project: Phase 1 work is wrapping up. The Town of Bedford is working with their contractor to set up a sewer by-pass to forstall any breaks which might occur in the length of pipe not lined thus far. This by-pass will carry over for the next phase of the project which will kick off in the spring.
- National Grid will be relaying mains in various location throughout Town this summer. ** Crews will be working on Woburn Street starting 9/21. Full and Partial closures will be taking place with detour routes posted, possibly directing traffic through Solomon Pierce to Maple Street. This work is expected to continue through to December 4th. This work will have a major impact on traffic. Please seek alternate routes and avoid this area if possible.