Engineering Projects under Design/Preconstruction
Studies & Reports:
Preliminary Evaluation of Source Separated Organics (CDM) Report
Shade Street Pavement Marking and Signing Plan
Digsafe (Utility Markouts):
National Grid (Gas Company):
Verizon (Phone Services):
(Phone, Cable & Internet):
Comcast (Phone, Cable, & Internet):
Massachusetts Highway Department (State Roads):
2015 Engineering Construction Projects
*While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically
and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects Under Construction
- Concord Ave Sidewalk-(posted 6/9/15) The Town of Lexington Engineering Division has plans to install a sidewalk along Concord Avenue from Waltham Street to Spring Street. This project includes construction of a 5 foot wide sidewalk, granite curb, field stone retaining walls and drainage improvements. The culvert carrying Hardy’s Pond Brook will be replaced and the traffic signal at Waltham Street and Concord ave will be upgraded. Current plans are available for viewing at Samuel Hadley Public service building, 201 Bedford Street. Please contact Dave Cannon in Engineering for more information.
- Woodcliffe Rd/Spring St Drainage Work (updated 6/19/15) Crews are relocating a drain line on Woodcliffe Rd/Spring St. There may be full and partial closures on Spring St during work hours typically 7am to 3:30 pm.
- Street Resurfacing 2015 (updated 5/28/15) The paving program for this year has been set. See below for a map and list of the streets to be resurfaced this year. While a schedule has not been put together yet, work is anticipated to begin during the first 2 weeks of July in the Webb St and Highland Ave neighborhoods.
Additionally, crews from Lazarro will be repaving Bedford St in July. This work is under warrenty.
- Crack Seal Contract #15-58 (updated 3/26/15) The Town will be crack sealing streets throughout town. (map) the contract documents are currently out to bid and available at the Office of the Town Engineer
- Water Distribution Improvements Contract #15-57 (updated 6/25/15) The town of Lexington will be upgrading and replacing water main in various location throughout Town. (see map below) Work has started in the Wachusett Rd area.
- Robinson Road Project (posted 6/1/15) Crews from McIver Brothers are working on Robinson Road. Punchlist work includes cleaning up areas and putting down some loam, as well as paving the remaining sidewalks and driveways. Please contact Dave Cannon with any questions.
- Sewer Inflow and Infiltration Investigations (posted 6/9/15) Crews from NEPPCO are conducting I/I field studies throughout town. The work entails too large trucks that work out of manholes. There will be no excavation as part of this work.
- Willard Woods Stream Daylighting Project (posted 6/26/15) The proposed Willard’s Pond work involves removing the existing underground stone box culvert between the Willard’s Pond outlet and the 30-inch RCP culvert inlet at North Street and constructing a natural open channel stream.
- Vinebrook Stabilization Project (posted 6/19/15) The project involves restoration of approximately 80 linear feet of failed embankment along Vine Brook in the Lower Vine Brook Conservation Area, off of East Emerson Rd.
Projects by other entities affecting Lexington
- Mass DOT Route 2/I-95 Bridge Replacement project. For information about lane closures please visit the Mass DOT project website.
- Mass DOT Repairs to the Watertown Street Bridge over Route 2 Construction will take place from 9/9 through 9/13. There will be revolving lane closures on Rt 2 during day and night hours. Please see Mass DOT project website for further details.
- The Town of Bedford slip-lining project: Phase 1 work is wrapping up. The Town of Bedford is working with their contractor to set up a sewer by-pass to forstall any breaks which might occur in the length of pipe not lined thus far. This by-pass will carry over for the next phase of the project which will kick off in the spring. Final patch paving will also occur in the spring.
- National Grid will be relaying mains in various location throughout Town this summer. Revere St work will begin Saturday,, June 13th. The road will be closed to through traffic and detours will be posted. See map.