Engineering Projects under Design
Studies & Reports:
Preliminary Evaluation of Source Separated Organics (CDM) Report
Shade Street Pavement Marking and Signing Plan
Digsafe (Utility Markouts):
National Grid (Gas Company):
Verizon (Phone Services):
(Phone, Cable & Internet):
Comcast (Phone, Cable, & Internet):
Massachusetts Highway Department (State Roads):
2015 Engineering Construction Projects
*While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically
and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects Under Construction
- Street Resurfacing 2015 (updated 5/1/15) The paving program for this year has been set. See below for a map and list of the streets to be resurfaced this year. A schedule has not been put together yet. It will be posted here once
- Crack Seal Contract #15-58 (updated 3/26/15) The Town will be crack sealing streets throughout town. the contract documents are currently out to bid and available at the Office of the Town Engineer
- Water Distribution Improvements Contract #15-57 (updated 4/9/15) the town of Lexington will be upgrading and replacing water main in various location throughout Town. (see map below) The contract is currently out to bid and available through Accent blueprint.
- Robinson Road Project (posted 5/22/15) Robinson Road is open! Work continues and there will be another closure next week. The date isn't set yet, but we will post here once we know. Crews from McIver Brothers are working on Robinson Road. Punchlist work includes cleaning up areas and putting down some loam, as well as paving the remaining sidewalks and driveways.
On Friday, May15th, crews will be grading and paving around the corner of Robinson Rd. During work hours, all traffic will be detoured down Turning Mill to Gould. Please contact Dave Cannon with any questions.
Projects by other entities affecting Lexington
- Mass DOT Route 2/I-95 Bridge Replacement project. For information about lane closures please visit the Mass DOT project website.
- Mass DOT Repairs to the Watertown Street Bridge over Route 2 Construction will take place from 9/9 through 9/13. There will be revolving lane closures on Rt 2 during day and night hours. Please see Mass DOT project website for further details.
- The Town of Bedford slip-lining project: Phase 1 work is wrapping up. The Town of Bedford is working with their contractor to set up a sewer by-pass to forstall any breaks which might occur in the length of pipe not lined thus far. This by-pass will carry over for the next phase of the project which will kick off in the spring. Final patch paving will also occur in the spring.
- National Grid will be relaying mains in various location throughout Town this summer. Dexter Road work is slated to start the week of May 11th. the road will be closed to through traffic and detours will be posted.