Studies & Reports:
Preliminary Evaluation of Source Separated Organics (CDM) Report
Shade Street Pavement Marking and Signing Plan
Digsafe (Utility Markouts):
National Grid (Gas Company):
Verizon (Phone Services):
(Phone, Cable & Internet):
Comcast (Phone, Cable, & Internet):
Massachusetts Highway Department (State Roads):
2014 Engineering Construction Projects
Major current projects:
Map of 2014 Paving Work
Map of 2014 Capital Improvements Projects
*While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically
and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects by other entities affecting Lexington
- The Town of Bedford slip-lining project: Phase 1 work is wrapping up. The Town of Bedford is working with their contractor to set up a sewer by-pass to forstall any breaks which might occur in the length of pipe not lined thus far. This by-pass will carry over for the next phase of the project which will kick off in the spring. Final patch paving will also occur in the spring.
Town of Lexington projects
- Culvert Replacement under the Minuteman Bikeway near the Munroe Cemetery (posted 11/4/14) Work on the MMBW will begin on 11/24/14. Crews with Pecora Contracting will be excavating in the bikeway to remove and replace the collapsed culvert. The bikeway will be closed 24/7 from Seasons Four to Woburn Street and a detour will be set up. Work is anticipated to continue through to 12/18/14. See map.
- Robinson Road Project (posted 12/10/14) Crews from McIver Brothers are finished working on Robinson Road for the year. Final punchlist work will be done in the spring. Please contact Dave Cannon with any questions.
Hartwell Ave at Maguire Road Modifications (posted 8/25/14) The Town is in the process of conducting preliminary designs for modifications to Hartwell Ave corridor.
Phase 1 of the Hartwell Ave area improvements includes the rehabilitation or replacement of the bridge over the Kiln Brook, improvements to the Maguire Road intersection which is currently proposed to be a roundabout, and potentially a protected pedestrian crossing at the intersection with Bedford Street. The design is currently in progress with Stantec under contract to bring the project through the 25% design stage.
View a slide show (pdf or PowerPoint) showing an overview of the project and the current considerations.
- Concord Ave Sidewalk Design -(posted 12/10/14) The Town of Lexington Engineering Division is completing design of a sidewalk along Concord Avenue from Waltham Street to Spring Street. Concord Avenue is a town roadway with a portion in the state right of way. The corridor has been surveyed and evaluated. Current plans are available for viewing at Samuel Hadley Public service building, 201 Bedford Street. Please contact Dave Cannon in Engineering for more information.
- Mass Ave 3 Intersection Project - (updated 1/6/14)
The Town of Lexington seeks to improve pedestrian, bicycle and vehicular traffic safety as well as improve traffic operations along a section of Massachusetts Avenue in Lexington. The project area is approximately 3,500 feet long and extends from Pleasant Street to Marrett Road. February 2013 Presentation (4.37MB). Several workshops were held in 2012 and 2013 and based on feedback from these workshops preliminary designs have been developed and submitted to MassDot for review.
The current recommendation calls for:
Construction is currently programmed for 2018. For more information please contact: Dave Cannon, Lexington DPW/Engineering, (781)-274-8323, email@example.com