Board Meeting Minutes
Annual Town Reports
Zoning Board of Appeals Application
Zoning Board of Appeals Process
Zoning Board of Appeals Regulations
David L. George, Zoning Administrator
Town Office Building, ground floor
1625 Mass. Ave.
Dianne Cornaro, Department Assistant
Send email to Board
Members: 5 full, 6 associate
Appointed by: Board of Selectmen
Term: Full members - 5 years, Associate members - 1 year
Current Board members
Board usually meets second and fourth Thursdays of each month
Zoning Board of Appeals 2015 Calendar
LexMedia (community access television) broadcasts Board meetings, which are also available on demand.
See the Public Meetings Calendar for meeting postings and agendas
Zoning Board of Appeals
From the Board charge:
The role of the Zoning Board of Appeals is to:
- hear and decide administrative appeals.
- hear and decide applications for special permits.
- hear and decide petitions for variances.
- have lived in Lexington for at least eight years;
- have significant experience and activity in town affairs related to matters within the purview of the Board of Appeals; and
- have no major land-holding interest in Lexington.
It is highly desirable that the Board of Appeals should include people with various specialties such as: legal training and experience; engineering background; environmental and/or conservation experience; and architectural and/or design training.
Full Board charge
Selected Current Cases