Current Committee members
Vision and Goals
Committee History and Work
send email to the committee.
News and Events
Progress on increasing civic participation by Lexington's Asian residents June 2015
Committee meets monthly, usually on a Friday morning at 7:45 AM
Tentative 2015 Meeting Schedule:
Friday, Jan.23 Friday, Feb.27
Friday, Mar.27 Friday, April 24
Friday, May 22 Thurs, June 25
Friday, July 24 Friday, Aug 28
Friday, Sep.18 Friday, Oct.30
Friday, Nov.20 Dec. TBD
Check the Public Meetings Calendar for monthly meeting postings and agendas.
20/20 Vision Committee
The Lexington 20/20 Vision Committee’s role is to identify a shared vision for Lexington’s future and communicate that vision to municipal decision-makers, by:
- Engaging the Lexington community to think about Lexington’s long-term future.
- Identifying and assessing opportunities and challenges that may shape Lexington’s future.
- Making recommendations to the Board of Selectmen and, as appropriate, the School Committee and Planning Board.
- Measuring, tracking, and reporting progress on topics studied.
Apppointed by: Board of Selectmen
Term: 3 years
The Lexington 20/20 Vision process:
Promotes broad community participation;
- Provides a framework for thinking about Lexington's future;
- Seeks ongoing community input on the goals originally developed in 2001; and
- Invites community groups and organizations, committees and boards, businesses, and individuals to take ownership for bringing these goals to fruition by the year 2020.
Read the Townwide Vision Statement.